HONOR FLIGHT of SOUTHERN COLORADO
Who We Are And What We Do
Honor Flight is a National Organization that transports our veterans on a three-day tour of Washington DC to visit their memorials free of cost.
Our goal is to take 50-100 of our southern Colorado heroes per year to Washington DC to visit their memorial while they are still with us to be honored.
Since our inception, Honor Flight of Southern Colorado has flown over 300 veterans from all six services on this trip of a lifetime.
The long weekend includes visits to sites such as the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II Memorial, the Korean War Memorial, and the Viet Nam Memorial.
Time and logistics permitting, we also visit the United States Marine Corp Memorial, the United States Navy Memorial, and the United States Air Force Memorial.
Lastly, we work to visit Arlington National Cemetery, including the Tomb of the Unknown, and witness the changing of the Ceremonial Guard.
Honoring Our Heroes
Honor Flight of Southern Colorado specializes in serving our veterans in this priority:
* World War-era II veterans;
* Korean War-era veterans;
* Vietnam War-era veterans;
* Veterans of any era who are suffering from a terminal illness.
The flight of the trip for each veteran and each Guardian participating in a Honor Flight mission is approximately $1,500.
The cost for each veteran provides the following:
* The Pre-Flight Luncheon with an information packet for both veteran and Guardians;
* All Honor Flight clothing other Honor Flight wear (jackets, ponchos, hats, masks, etc.) and mementos related to their specific mission;
* All transportation costs, including bus transportation to Denver and air travel from Denver International Airport (DEN) our local DC-area airport;
* All meals from a pre-flight breakfast to a post-flight reception;
* Wheel chairs and walkers as needed.